Nicola Sturgeon voted 'most impressive politician' during Covid-19 crisis by Press Gazette readers

Nicola Sturgeon tops reader poll

Nicola Sturgeon has topped a Press Gazette reader poll asking which high-profile politician had been the most impressive during the Covid-19 crisis.

Just under 2,700 people responded to the poll, which ran in articles on Press Gazette’s website from 13-18 May 2020.

The Scottish First Minister and leader of the SNP took 29% of the vote, equal to 776 votes.

She was followed by Chancellor Rishi Sunak (24% – 636) and newly elected Labour leader Keir Starmer (23% – 606).

Just 14 per cent of respondents ( 384) voted for Prime Minister Boris Johnson, while 3% (86) said Health Secretary Matt Hancock. Foreign minister Dominic Raab took just under 3%  with 67 votes.

Some 5% of readers selected “other”.

SIGN UP HERE FOR

PRESS GAZETTE DAILY

Our free daily round-up of the biggest news about the world of news

Comments

21 thoughts on “Nicola Sturgeon voted 'most impressive politician' during Covid-19 crisis by Press Gazette readers”

  1. My guess is that approx 10% of your readers are Scottish. The remaining 90% will have little knowledge of how Scotland is governed. My cynicism leads me to believe that quite a few of your voters may be media-savvy SNP supporters or, as we call them , across our border that doesn’t exist, CyberNats. The English Tories need to learn lessons from the SNP propaganda machine. It is magnificent and sends a shiver up my spine.

  2. Hi…
    The Press Gazette held the survey on its website from May 12-18, and gave 2700 readers the option to select Nicola Sturgeon, Rishi Sunak, Keir Starmer, Boris Johnson, Matt Hancock, Dominic Raab or other as the most impressive politician during the pandemic so far.

1 2 3 4 11

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *