Nicola Sturgeon voted 'most impressive politician' during Covid-19 crisis by Press Gazette readers

Nicola Sturgeon tops reader poll

Nicola Sturgeon has topped a Press Gazette reader poll asking which high-profile politician had been the most impressive during the Covid-19 crisis.

Just under 2,700 people responded to the poll, which ran in articles on Press Gazette’s website from 13-18 May 2020.

The Scottish First Minister and leader of the SNP took 29% of the vote, equal to 776 votes.

Do you think UK news industry staff are sufficiently diverse?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

She was followed by Chancellor Rishi Sunak (24% – 636) and newly elected Labour leader Keir Starmer (23% – 606).

Just 14 per cent of respondents ( 384) voted for Prime Minister Boris Johnson, while 3% (86) said Health Secretary Matt Hancock. Foreign minister Dominic Raab took just under 3%  with 67 votes.

Some 5% of readers selected “other”.

SIGN UP HERE FOR

PRESS GAZETTE DAILY

Our free daily round-up of the biggest news about the world of news

Comments

20 thoughts on “Nicola Sturgeon voted 'most impressive politician' during Covid-19 crisis by Press Gazette readers”

  1. Make money online from home extra cash more than $18k to $21k. Start getting paid every month Thousands Dollars online. I have received $26K in this month by just working online from home in my part time.every person easily do this job by just open this link and follow details on this page to get started ………..www.earn75.com

  2. My guess is that approx 10% of your readers are Scottish. The remaining 90% will have little knowledge of how Scotland is governed. My cynicism leads me to believe that quite a few of your voters may be media-savvy SNP supporters or, as we call them , across our border that doesn’t exist, CyberNats. The English Tories need to learn lessons from the SNP propaganda machine. It is magnificent and sends a shiver up my spine.

1 2 3 10

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

5 × 3 =