Seven photographers and two photojournalists have passed the November 2007 National Certificate Examination. They sat the photography NCE at Norton College, Sheffield last month.
The examiners awarded distinctions to Adam Gerrard for both his practical section and portfolio, and to Dustin Michaliovs for his picture spread.
Michailovs also received the South Wales Argus Award for the best advance project. The Fuji Award for the best portfolio went to Adam Gerrard, and Katherine Burnett was presented with the Nikon Award for the best single image.
Chief examiner Peter Dash said: ‘The results from the November 2007 NCE for photographers were outstanding with a 90 per cent pass rate.
‘In general, the examinations board was satisfied that the rigorous assessments are working well and the candidates who pass have demonstrated they are ready and capable of making a first class contribution to the industry.”
- Christopher Bull, Doncaster Free Press
- Dustin Michailovs, Nottingham Evening Post
- Hannah Brackenbury, Derby Evening Telegraph
- Katherine Burnett, Derby Evening Telegraph
- Jerome Ellerby, Hull Daily Mail
- James Fitton, Halifax Evening Courier
- Adam Gerrard, Derby Evening Telegraph
- Paul Jackson, Journal and Admag Series
- Angela Ward, Mansfield Chad