Advertisements are to be placed in national newspapers alerting victims of sex abuse by Jimmy Savile to the availability of compensation, lawyers have said.
Solicitors representing alleged victims said advertisements would be placed in the next few weeks following a ruling by a High Court judge.
They said the executor of the television star's estate – thought to be worth around £4 million – want to be informed of all likely potential claims.
Justice Sales approved a compensation scheme for victims at a High Court hearing in London on Wednesday.
The judge was told that the scheme had been agreed between the estate executor, lawyers representing alleged victims, the NHS and the BBC.
He approved the placement of advertisements and said it was important that anyone who thought they had a claim came forward.
Justice Sales was told that around 140 alleged victims of Savile – who worked at the BBC and is alleged to have sexually assaulted people in hospitals – had already emerged.
"We believe the vast majority have already come forward," said Alan Collins, a lawyer at law firm Slater & Gordon, which is representing victims.
"However, the court has directed that there must be adverts placed in two or three national publications.
"This will take place in the next four to six weeks.
"The reason behind this move is the estate should, as far as possible, be made aware of all potential claims that are likely to be made."
Lawyers said the scheme would not guarantee payouts but would provide a framework within which claims could be analysed.
They said the aim was to avoid litigation.