We’re looking for an outstanding media relations expert to join our busy press office in Manchester.
With a background in journalism, you’ll relish the opportunity to apply your skills to help generate significant positive exposure for our business and brands.
On a day-to-day basis you’ll lead our coverage driving efforts – one day you could be pitching a celebrity picture story to help launch a new cereal, the next crafting a strategy to raise awareness of our support for school breakfast clubs.
How have your newspaper consumption habits changed during the pandemic/lockdown, and do you think this will last?
- I read more news digitally than in print now, and expect this to continue (48%, 179 Votes)
- No change (29%, 107 Votes)
- I read more news in print than digitally now, and expect this to continue (14%, 52 Votes)
- I read more news digitally than in print now, but do not expect this to continue (6%, 24 Votes)
- I read more news in print than digitally now, but do not expect this to continue (3%, 10 Votes)
Total Voters: 372
You should have a strong news sense and outstanding writing skills combined with resilience – Kellogg’s is a household name so we are never far from media’s gaze.
Perhaps you’re a journalist looking for a career change or you could currently be a PR with a background in media who’s looking for their next move? Whoever you are, to succeed you’ll need to have a passion for the press and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in.
In return we offer the opportunity to work for one of the UK’s most famous brands backed by all the ‘big company’ perks you would expect from a business the size of Kellogg’s including a highly competitive salary, flexitime, bonus, share save scheme, award-winning pension, volunteer time and a free on-site gym.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
You will be part of our success by:
Leading our media relations efforts
Create top-notch editorial content and manage others in creation of the same
Pitching stories to the press
Building outstanding contacts with all kinds of journalists
Running our London centred media contact and events programme
Act as an internal media consultant – helping the team stay on top of trends and media moves
Help run our UK press office.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- A demonstrable track record in generating stories which have been covered by the UK media
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Media contacts – particularly national journalists
- Resilience (we’re an issue heavy business which attracts significant media attention)
- Ability to assimilate information quickly
- A can-do attitude
- Educated to degree level
- A background in journalism
- Project management skills
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- While Manchester based, regular travel within the UK (particularly London) will be required.
- Some evening and occasional weekend work will be necessary.
If you experience any difficulty when applying please contact
Please note that the closing date may be subject to change. We will interview suitable candidates as they apply, so please don’t hesitate to take this opportunity to submit your application as soon as possible.
If you would like to be immediately notified of new Kellogg's opportunities, please go to ‘Create or access my profile’ and complete the information required in the ‘Job Alerts’ section. You will then receive email alerts as soon as new jobs are advertised.
The Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
Job Function: Communications / Public Relations
Primary Location: UK-North West England-Manchester
Closing Date: 30 Apr, 2016, 12:59am