Lloyd’s widow has spoken out over her disappointment in the British
Government and the way it has handled investigations into her husband’s
death. The ITN correspondent was shot dead while reporting in Iraq in
In an interview in The Mail on Sunday, Lynn Lloyd
described how she felt forced to speak publicly about her ordeal
because of how angry she is at the treatment she has received from the
Ministry of Defence.
Lloyd claims that following her husband’s
death in 2003 she was promised by the then Defence Secretary, Geoff
Hoon, that there would be a quick and thorough investigation into the
She says she has heard nothing since then and that an
inquest that was opened four days after Terry Lloyd’s body arrived at
RAF Brize Norton in April 2003 was adjourned for 10 weeks and that
nothing has happened since.
At the opening of the new newsroom
for ITV Central, named after her husband, Lloyd again met Geoff Hoon
who promised he would do whatever he could to get an inquest sorted by
December. She has still heard nothing.
The Department for Constitutional Affairs said it did not have any firm details on the case and would respond as soon as it did.