- Location: Bracknell (currently working from home)
- Job type: Full-time
Sub-editor, part of the Westminster Forum Projects editorial team
Westminster Forum Projects is a market leader in organising senior-level seminars on public policy in media, telecoms, education, nutrition, health, energy, transport, the environment and many other areas. We enjoy considerable support from within Parliament and government, in industry and amongst interest groups.
We are recruiting for sub-editors to assist the editorial director in making ready marketing communications, agendas and other written material for publication to our thousands of contacts.
- Working to the editorial director, ensuring that written materials for external use and web-based content are sense-checked, grammatically correct and adhering to house style.
- Responsibility checking editorial content and style for external communications including marketing letters, seminar agendas, and materials contained in our delegate packs.
- We are looking for experienced candidates for this role – in a news, current affairs or public affairs consultancy environment. Headline-writing experience would be ideal.
- Professional-standard command of the English language with razor-sharp editing, proofreading, writing, and communication skills. With a picky eye for detail.
- Check out the breadth of our conferences. You will need to demonstrate ability to work with specialists over a wide range of subjects areas.
- We are super busy. You will need to be experienced and capable in handling a high volume of work, in time management, and in delivering output to business-critical deadlines.
- However experienced you are, we need you to be eager to learn and able to readily adapt to and adhere to house style. Once you are firmly in the saddle you’ll be expected to help its continuing development. We’re learning all the time.
- When you are up to speed we would want you not to need close supervision, but help and support is always on hand.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office is essential, and experience of other specialist software would be an advantage – for instance for social media, images and web editing.
- Interest and experience in web design and copywriting from scratch is desirable as the successful candidate develops in the role .
This is an exciting permanent role in an expanding organisation, and there is plenty of scope for career growth for the right candidate. It’s full time, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm with an hour for lunch.
All of the company’s staff, numbering 60+, are currently working from home, but in more normal times we are based at our friendly offices in Bracknell, Berkshire with convenient road and travel links.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter indicating your current salary and why you believe you would be suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com