- Contract type: 12-month fixed-term
- Start date: ASAP
- Location: London
- Closing date: None
British GQ is looking for a creative, dynamic and enthusiastic Social Media Editor to join its editorial team at an exciting time of digital expansion on the brand.
A newly created role, it calls for a candidate with a limitless passion for social media who can write, edit and optimise posts across myriad platforms – so expertise in using Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Instagram Stories is essential, as is an eye for the next development in social.
He/she will work closely with the Digital Editor and Engagement Manager to implement social media strategy and drive growth across a range of platforms – and will possess the razor-sharp organisational skills necessary to maintain and update an ever-changing content calendar.
The successful candidate will understand GQ’s audience and content it covers, in order to develop opportunities around social video and regular social series – as well as nurture our growing social following through community management.
The position requires a hard-working team player who understands British GQ’s range of content (cars, politics, long reads, fashion, watches, culture, grooming, sport, fitness and more) and its place within the industry and thus has an intuitive sense of how to maximise the brand’s digital potential.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Write, edit and optimise social posts across a range of platforms (including but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Instagram Stories and Pinterest).
- Maintain and update the social media calendar.
- Drive continual innovation on posts and audience engagement to maximise the brand’s potential across platforms.
- Keep abreast of new developments in social media, on existing platforms and new areas.
- Responsible for refining and posting British GQ commercial assets on social.
- Work closely with the Digital Editor and Engagement Manager to implement social media strategy and drive growth across all social channels.
- Setting up regular reports to analyse data and metrics and work with the Engagement Manager to spot new opportunities.
- To work with the Junior Video Editor to promote social video, generating concepts for shareable social posts and spotting new opportunities for social media series.
- Grow and develop communities on social media platforms.
- Develop strategies to promote writers and regular features, in order to increase loyal readers.
- Monitor trending news and write social news stories.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Background of working in social media, with an enviable track record of growing traffic from social.
- Expertise in content management systems.
- An intuitive, and analytical, understanding how audiences use social media.
- A passion for social media and digital platforms and a keen follower of talent, brands and influencers across the industry.
- Experience of using editing software is an advantage.
- Experience of working for a publisher is advantageous but not essential.
- An understanding of the commercial landscape of social media, from partnerships to endorsements.
- A creative thinker with exceptional attention to detail.
- A fun, energetic team player bursting with ideas.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://condenastuk.avature.net/careers/JobDetail/Social-Media-Editor-GQ-12-month-FTC/1717 →