Contact: Full Time
Salary: £39,029 plus London Weighting
Location: Liverpool Street, London
We need a highly skilled communications team that will ensure TSSA has a communications strategy that will influence our internal and external audiences. We have a vacancy for a Communications and Media Officer who will work within our Communications team to help us deliver this.
We are looking for a self-starter with creative flair who already has experience of working in a communication focused role with a strong track record in generating copy and delivering successful communication campaigns.
You will have excellent influencing skills that allow you to build relationships with journalists.
You will have expertise in using digital and social media content as a campaigning tool that will ensure we have the press exposure and recognition of our work among our membership and external stakeholders.
In this fast-paced digital world, you must be ready to continuously expand your existing knowledge.
- To work as part of a communications team to develop and implement a communications strategy that maximises the resources available for getting TSSA messages across to our internal and external audiences.
- To act as editor of the print and online TSSA Journal and other internal and online communications, adhering to agreed deadlines.
- To act as press officer for England and Wales identifying opportunities for multi media coverage.
- To provide national press releases, deal with media queries and support operational staff in ensuring appropriate media coverage that raises the profile of the Union.
- To develop and implement press and online media campaigns working closely with other staff.
- To maintain and develop website content and deliver continuous social media content.
- Not responsible for any staff
- Report to Head of Communications and Medi
Key internal relationships
- Communications Team
- General Secretary
- Organising Directors
- Other paid staff
- Lay Reps and activists
- Executive Committee, Branches and Divisional Councils
Key external relationships
- Press officers
- Accurate and timely production of TSSA Journal and other member communications.
- Positive exposure and recognition of TSSA in print and online media
- To work with the Communications Team to develop and deliver a communications strategy that is closely aligned to TSSA’s organisational objectives
- Develop and implement all aspects of our online communications
- Support and develop all staff to enable them to gain multi media coverage for campaigning activity at local level
- Develop and maintain feedback processes to measure quality of and satisfaction with TSSA member communications.
- Develop excellent working relationships with colleagues, members and suppliers and external partners.
- Provide an out of hours/absence coverage media service as part of a rota system
Closing Date: 10am on 24 August 2018
(Shortlisted candidates will be assessed on 17 or 18 September 2018)
Click “Apply” for more information and to apply for the role.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.tssa.org.uk/en/Your-union/about-us/job/vacancy-cmo/index.cfm →