- Location: London
- Salary: DOE
- Contract: Permanent (full-time)
The New Statesman is looking for a versatile, talented and efficient writer to work on the Spotlight policy supplement, writing news, features and advertorials, and in producing other supplements on a variety of subjects.
The role requires a broad general knowledge and an ability to learn quickly about different areas of policy.
We’re looking for someone who is independent, creative and fascinated by the subjects the New Statesman covers.
The job will involve:
- Sourcing features and interviews from parliamentarians, experts and business leaders
- Writing and editing news and features, both editorial and advertorial, on a broad range of subjects
- Sub-editing copy
- Working with layouts
- Working with clients to produce advertorials and supplements
- Research and ideas
The ideal candidate will have:
- A journalism qualification or experience of working on an equivalent publication
- A knowledge of government policy and its effects
- Experience of commissioning and sub-editing
Please send CVs, cover letters and portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 19 March 2019
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com