- Location: Wrexham, Wales
- Salary: c. £35,000
- Contract: Full-time (permanent)
The British Association for Shooting and Conservation is the largest sporting shooting organisation in the UK, serving a growing membership of more than 153,000 and a wide variety of stakeholder and public interests.
It acts as a representative body for sporting shooting – fostering opportunity, safety, high standards and wildlife conservation.
BASC has an excellent track record of telling our story in the sporting and trade press.
We are looking for a senior press officer who can help continue that good work while also delivering our key messages into the non-shooting, mainstream media.
Creative, decisive and self-motivated, you will have the professional skills to lead a busy press office that sits at the heart of a rapidly-evolving communications team and is shifting its focus towards digital media.
You will be good at spotting the news in BASC’s day-to-day business while also firefighting the unexpected.
- At least two years’ senior press office experience within a professional, business or government environment
- Experience of building effective media relationships
- Knowledge of traditional media, digital media and a strong ‘news sense’
- Good communication, diplomacy and negotiating skills, especially when working with the press
- Awareness of key issues facing shooting sports and the ability to influence the influencers.
Find more information on the role and an application form online.
Alternatively, please contact the HR department at BASC, Marford Mill, Rossett, Wrexham, LL12 0HL. Telephone: 01244 573002. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting refernce SPO/10/2018.
Closing: 28 November 2018
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://basc.org.uk/about-basc/basc-vacancies/ →