Does continued COVID-19 vaccine and drug development news have you hooked? Are you keen on breaking stories on the pharmaceutical world no one else is writing? Does it excite you to speak to the top experts in the industry and medical field and learn about major healthcare developments? Then we have the job for you.
GlobalData’s business-to-business (B2B) investigative journalist team breaks news and publishes deep-dive analysis on the most high-impact issues in the global healthcare market for a highly knowledgeable subscriber base. The company is hiring two healthcare reporters in its London office. This exciting and challenging position will include investigating and writing about key situations in the drug development space including the dynamic COVID-19 situation.
This is a highly demanding but extremely rewarding job for journalists who are driven to dig into the science and unveil the truth.
What you will do
- Write investigative articles diving into the science of drugs in development and statistics of trial results
- Interview and build a comprehensive source book of key opinion leaders, physicians and industry experts to break scoops on the drug industry
- Cover medical conferences and other industry events
- Interview company executives on drug pipelines and business development
What you will bring to the table
- Journalism background required with science background and/or degree highly preferred
- A demonstrable basic understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and R&D landscape
- Excellent communication, networking, writing and interviewing skills required; an extra language would be a bonus
- Ability to work in an interactive, time-sensitive and deadline-driven environment (often accommodating different global time zones) a must
- Adaptable to working independently as well as with a team-oriented reporting approach key
- Previous experience on a daily or weekly healthcare-related publication preferred
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, preferred
What we offer
Benefits include 20 days annual leave, plus an extra day for every year of service up to 25 days; exclusive discounts to more than 30,000 brands; Employee Assistance Program; and Cycle to Work scheme.
About the company
GlobalData’s investigative journalist team provides exclusive and hard-hitting reporting on pipeline drugs as well as intelligence for contract research organizations. The focus is on uncovering business-critical information that has not been publically divulged and providing nuanced, forward-looking analyses on market-moving healthcare topics. Reporting is based on talking to Key Opinion Leaders and others with first-hand expertise as well as C-level executives.
GlobalData is a leading global provider of business intelligence in the Healthcare industry. It provides its clients with up-to-date information and analysis on the latest developments in drug research, disease analysis, and clinical research and development. Our integrated business intelligence solutions include a range of interactive online databases, analytical tools, reports and forecasts. GlobalData has offices in New York, San Francisco, Boston, London, India, Korea, Japan, Singapore, and Australia.
Please send your CV and cover letter explaining your interest in the position and suitability for the role to Jennifer.Smith@globaldata.com.
To apply for this job email your details to Jennifer.Smith@globaldata.com