Company: Financial News Publishing
Location: Central London
Job title: Group Editor
This role is an excellent opportunity for a senior reporter or junior editor looking for a step-up in B2B journalism.
The successful candidate will be the editor of International Accounting Bulletin and The Accountant and will lead the monthly production process of the magazine, develop the editorial direction and industry engagement as well as write news analysis, features and country reports.
The role sits within a wider group of B2B and B2C websites in a busy newsroom of about 40 journalists reporting across the financial services sector as well as many other industries.
While knowledge of the professional services market is not a must for this role, experience in business journalism is required. Experience in managing data and rankings is desirable.
- Keep up to date with market developments, keep an excellent contact base across the industry, and a thorough understanding of it, its players and key trends
- Edit a monthly magazines and act as daily news editor for the two websites
- Write news, features and reports as required
- Act as the ambassador for the title among the industry and liaise with internal teams including sales and events
- Carve the editorial direction based on subscriber information needs
- Work towards deadlines
- Ensure the ranking data is accurate and managed properly by the team
- Regular reporting to senior managers and line managing a reporter and researcher
Essential skills & experience
- University degree qualification
- A good background in business journalism
- Ability and track record of speaking to the C-suite
- Attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to use InDesign and basic knowledge of photo editing software
- Experience of using social media
- Comfortable public speaker
- A team player with a proven track record of liaising with internal departments and teams
About International Accounting Bulletin
International Accounting Bulletin is the only global magazine covering professional services.
Focusing on business issues affecting accounting firms, networks and associations, it is a trusted source for leading accounting news, as well as vital data and analysis provided by its survey features.
Established in 1874, The Accountant is one of the oldest and most prestigious trade magazines in the world.
Today The Accountant offers a comprehensive range of briefing services across topics including regulation, legislation and education for those working in the accounting profession.
It reports news globally, surveys leading and emerging accounting bodies around the world, provides commentary from senior industry figures and profiles key business and industry leaders.
ACCA members may also include reading The Accountant towards their CPD qualification, if it has provided knowledge or skills relevant to their role or aspirations.
To apply for the role please send your CV and a brief cover letter highlighting your current experience and why you wish to apply for the role to Dominic Ponsford on Dominic.email@example.com by Monday 29 April.
To apply for this job email your details to Dominic.firstname.lastname@example.org