- Location: London
- Salary: Competitive
- Closing date: 30 June
To design and produce television news and multimedia graphics of the highest creative standard. To do so within tight deadlines using appropriate technology and software.
- To design graphics to an agreed brief for both Evening News and News at Ten programmes
- To communicate and liaise effectively with the Creative Director about the graphics requirements of the day
- To play out live graphics, if required, in a calm and precise way under direction of the gallery
- To be proactive in contributing ideas about new design techniques
This Job Description identifies the main requirements of the role. It is not an exhaustive list of duties but is intended to reflect the nature, range, and context of the work, which will change over time.
- Degree in a design discipline
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in broadcast television
- Highly skilled in After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and Cinema 4D
- Experience of working in a live broadcast and multi-platform environment, and of working to tight deadlines
- An in-depth knowledge of television design, any related technical restrictions and different TV formats
- A passion for news and current affairs as you will be working alongside directors, editors and journalists
- An understanding of typography and all its restrictions on screen
- Ability to design for multi-platforms and print if required
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate effectively with the gallery via talkback
- Able to push the boundaries and bring innovation, creativity and original ideas to our ground-breaking journalism
- Must demonstrate calmness under pressure
- Awareness of Health and Safety Requirements
Our people are at the heart of everything we do at ITN. It’s vital that our workforce reflects the diversity of both our audience and the wider society in the UK, so we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds and communities.
We also recognise the importance of a good work life balance, so we do everything we can to accommodate flexible working, including part-time and job shares for all our roles. Please just let us know in your application or at any stage throughout the process if this is something you want to explore.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://careers-itn.icims.com/jobs/1572/graphic-designer,-itv-news/job?mode=view&preview=1&userId=14123&hashed=1732251599 →