The Executive Editor Christie’s, EMEA, is a fast-paced dynamic role overseeing written editorial (Stories on .com) for the EMEA division. The Executive Editor also works collaboratively with the video and social media teams, together with content counterparts in the Americas and Asia.
Responsible for developing and managing editorial processes, managing a team of freelance writers, editors and sub-editor, and creating world class digital written content. Christie’s editorial leverages the company’s inherent stories through access to incredible artworks, ‘behind the scenes’ with experts, artists and collectors, and through its unique partnerships.
To collaborate with Content colleagues across offices in New York, Paris and Hong Kong to deliver industry leading editorial to serve and engage Christie’s readers/clients; to engage with new audiences; to support the business regarding sales; consigning; brand profile and positioning.
(Duties include but are not limited to the following):
- Working across all categories of art presented by Christie’s, engaging with art specialists, finding and developing unique and engaging stories
- Collaborating with video and social media teams to develop optimised SEO feature articles (profiles, interviews, collecting guides, studio visits, among other strands) for Christie’s EMEA, usually under tight deadlines
- Responsible for writing work and editing for the region; quickly and efficiently commissioning freelance writers and editors as needed for specific campaigns, expertise, and during high volume seasons
- Maintaining a writing component within the Exec Editor role
- Hiring and developing writers, junior / contributing editors and other freelance positions, together with management of the Picture Editor
- Maintaining and upgrading systems and processes for fact-checking, copy-editing, and publishing, as well as using our Sitecore content management system
- Approving layout, design, style and tone of features
- Work with web production and design, marketing and specialist department teams to align with marketing, press and pre-sale deadlines (within global editorial calendar)
- Oversight and understanding of budget for the editorial team (aligned with Traffic Manager and Co-Ordinator)
- Driving user engagement and audience growth through evergreen and dedicated sale content, developing CTR to sale and lot pages
- Analysing data and applying lessons learned as appropriate
- Oversight of meta-data descriptions, tags, labels and keywords to maximise SEO and user engagement
- Leading the EMEA strategy and contribution to the company’s global Weekly Online Magazine and its future development
- Involvement on behalf of editorial for proposals to aid consignment wins
- Working closely with the Head of Content and with the global team on the Global Editorial Calendar, and to set and deliver the future year to year strategy for the brand’s editorial
- Proactive approach to work
- Ability to tell the story compellingly combined with commercial needs of the business
- Grace under pressure
- Strong Stakeholder management skills, utilising diplomacy and tact where necessary
- Strong personal communications skills and willingness to collaborate across geographic regions
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Strong follow-up skills with attention to detail
- A passion and interest in visual art
- Knowledge of Sitecore an advantage
Close Date: 1st August
To apply for this job please visit christies.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.