The Ethical Journalism Network is seeking a Director. The EJN is a small but important charity, which supports journalists around the world striving to uphold ethical practices in order to build public trust in good journalism. Read more about our work here: www.ethicaljournalismnetwork.org.
The Director leads and manages the EJN on behalf of its board, representing the organisation on public platforms and in the media:
- Developing and delivering international programmes of activities relating to media ethics;
- Managing relationships with funders and reporting on the impact of our work to both funders and the board;
- Managing the EJN’s relationships with its global network of supporters and strategic partners;
- Managing the teams delivering project work.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic self-starter who shares the aims and values of the Ethical Journalism Network
Essential qualities include:
- Understanding of working in a not-for-profit organisation;
- Understanding of the media landscape, including social media and multi-media journalism;
- Some business management experience;
- Experience of fundraising and managing relationships with funders.
- Ability to liaise with a wide range of supporters globally;
- Good communications skills, including multi-media communication.
This role is UK-based and candidates must have the right to reside in the UK and be prepared to travel when Covid restrictions are lifted.
Interested individuals should send a CV and covering letter to EJNDirector@ethicaljournalismnetwork.org by March 12.
To apply for this job email your details to EJNDirector@ethicaljournalismnetwork.org