- Location: Dartford
- Job type: Full-time
- Salary: £30,000 – £34,000
- Closing date: 18 November
The Timber Group is part of NS Media Group’s construction publications division and consists of the Timber Trades Journal (TTJ) and Wood Based Panels International (WBPI), both market leading B2B publications in their sectors. The TTJ Awards is also the UK’s leading timber trade awards event.
TTJ, which dates back to 1873, is published monthly, covering all aspects of the UK timber industry, including importing, merchanting, manufacture of wood products, forestry, timber construction, technology/machinery and sustainability. WBPI is published bi-monthly and focuses on the global wood-based panel manufacturing and processing sectors.
We are looking for someone to drive the news, digital content and social media channels of both publications, as well as contribute to feature writing and overall team operations.
This is a full time role, based in our Dartford office.
We are looking for someone with a strong news and feature writing pedigree with proven experience in business journalism/newspapers and digital media.
You will be a senior writer or an editor with several years’ experience.
With a flair for writing, proofreading and editing, you will be adept at finding out the latest industry news and breaking hard-hitting and informative news stories.
An ability to understand and write about sometimes complex and technical subjects is important.
You will also be good at building and maintaining relationships with leading organisations and companies, as well as a collaborative team player in the Timber Group.
On the digital front, understanding of SEO and web analytics to maximise digital exposure of titles is an advantage. Experience needed of using content management systems and knowledge of best online content practices.
Knowledge of InDesign is essential.
The role will require commitment, enthusiasm and creative thinking. With strong opinions and imaginative ideas for features/general coverage and events you will be an integral part of the commercial development of the TTJ and WBPI brands.
- Lead news coverage and digital/social media content for TTJ + WBPI titles
- Oversee content, uploading and development of websites and e-newsletters/ e-shots
- Other duties including writing feature content, overseeing selected special focus reports and working with the Group Editor and Deputy Editor to commission articles
- Assist in sub-editing and proofreading duties when necessary
- Represent The Timber Group at evening events, trade fairs, press trips and company visits in the UK and globally
- Be involved in Timber Group events – such as the TTJ Awards & Wood and Wellness Conference
- Liaise closely with the production, sales and studio teams
This role, which offers a competitive salary and 20 days paid holiday (rising to 25 for each year of complete service), reports directly to the Group Editor.
Please send a covering letter/personal statement and CV to the Group Editor Stephen Powney at Stephen.email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org