New Statesman Media Group
The New Statesman Media group is looking for a multi-skilled podcast producer to create industry-leading audio content across our platforms and titles. You’ll be joining as a founding member of a new team, with an ambitious growth plan.
The New Statesman podcast already has a large, loyal audience, and we recently launched a new global affairs show, ‘World Review’. You will be producing and editing these podcasts, as well as building out a development slate of new products for commissioning in 2021 and beyond. As we grow our network of audio products you’ll work with writers across the NS group to bring our reporting to life in audio.
You’re a proficient journalist with strong storytelling skills, an ear for great tape, and a showreel that demonstrates a commitment to the highest production standards.
Our strategy involves building a network of audio products, so we are looking for someone with a track record of success building audiences across a collection of shows and platforms. This includes being familiar with the podcast marketing opportunities available to a large media organisation.
Podcasting is a fast-moving media space, so the ideal candidate will understand current podcasting trends, while keeping one eye on the future of digital on-demand audio.
This role reports to the Executive Producer of Audiovisual Content
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least three years’ experience as an audio producer, preferably within a leading media organisation
- Experience taking projects from development to delivery, including idea generation, piloting and commissioning
- Production skills including research, scripting, recording, interviewing and editing
- Strong journalism and storytelling skills, with a showreel that demonstrates experience crafting emotionally-rich narratives
- Proven track record growing podcast audiences, with good understanding of SEO, social and marketing best practices for podcasts.
The role will be remote in the first instance, with 2-3 days per week in our Essex St. office as Covid restrictions allow. Deadline for applicants is 14 April.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com