The Antiques Trade Gazette has been breaking news about the multi-billion pound global art and antiques industry for 45 years and needs an experienced and energetic business reporter to build on this reputation.
The task will be to produce business exclusives for the title’s weekly newspaper and its sister website. The role is a great opportunity for a digitally savvy ambitious reporter wanting to make a name for themselves in a vital part of the UK’s creative and arts sector.
The ideal candidate will be a reporter with at least two years’ experience at an equivalent business title or local newspaper with a proven ability to deliver off-diary news and analysis.
An average day could involve real-time reporting from a Sotheby’s press conference, interviewing auction house chiefs and antique dealers about market trends and unearthing developments from the excellent contacts book you will create.
Experience of the art and antiques market is not a requirement, though an interest in the area would be a bonus.
The job offers a competitive salary, benefits and attractive offices in Southwark.
* Producing off- and on-diary news on a daily basis and publishing to our website and social feeds
* Writing longer pieces for the weekly newspaper
* Working with the news editor to manage print news pages
* Creating and nurturing a red-hot industry contacts book
* UK and international travel
* Strong writing skills, both for news and longer copy
* A news-hungry and proactive approach and proof of news-gathering ability
* An understanding of how to build and manage a network of contacts
* A commitment to cross-platform publishing and social media
* Meticulous attention to detail
* An ability to juggle offline and digital tasks and keep to tight deadlines
* Communication skills in order to pitch ideas to the editor and news editor
Experience and skills that will give you an advantage
* Interest in/knowledge of the art and antiques market
* A business qualification
* Experience of using a CMS
* A foreign language
* competitive salary
* contributory pension
* 25 days’ holiday + two days at Christmas
* season ticket loan
* discounted gym membership
Please note that you must be permitted to work full time in the UK. Proof will be required.
Interested? Send your CV to email@example.com.
About the Antiques Trade Gazette
The Antiques Trade Gazette burst on to the vibrant antiques and art scene in 1971 and hasn’t looked back. It is the publication of choice for art and antiques professionals and collectors around the world.
A sister brand to the market-leading auction platform the-saleroom.com, the Antiques Trade Gazette is developing its presence across all platforms, with a print refresh imminent and a new website also in the works.