The BBC‘s Alan Johnston received the judges award at the Royal Television Society TV Journalism Awards in London on Wednesday night. The judges said it was not an award for being kidnapped, but for ‘extraordinary broadcast journalism”.
- IPSO dismisses 'bizarre' complaint from right-wing political party after it was described as 'minor' in local newspaper
- National newspaper ABCs: Free Metro tops circulation figures again but Sun still UK's best-selling newspaper + web figures
- Northern Echo runs front page correction after wrongly labelling woman's 40th birthday celebration at hotel a ‘sex party’
- Government begins battle against 'alt-news' sources and 'alarmist' stories with pilot of rapid response team dubbed 'fake news unit'
- A tale told too much - the paediatrician vigilantes