- BBC turns Sunday Politics into regional half-hour show and replaces Daily Politics in bid to boost digital coverage and make £1.9m savings
- Former The New Day editor Alison Phillips appointed deputy editor-in-chief of Mirror titles
- Government begins battle against 'alt-news' sources and 'alarmist' stories with pilot of rapid response team dubbed 'fake news unit'
- National newspaper ABCs: Free Metro tops circulation figures again but Sun still UK's best-selling newspaper + web figures
- NRS: Daily Mail most popular UK newspaper in print and online with 23m readers a month