Lord Justice Leveson famously asked 'who guards the guardians'?
Following the departure of Press Gazette’s chief reporter/news editor Andrew Pugh to join the newsdesk of This Morning next month, it could be you.
There is a rare opportunity for a senior journalist to join the Press Gazette team for a front-row seat in what is set to be a historic period for British journalism.
Over the coming months and years Press Gazette will be covering:
- The struggle to create a ‘Leveson compliant’ press regulator which the industry, the Government and the public can accept
- The ongoing hacking-related criminal investigations and trials which have so far seen at last 55 UK journalists arrested
- The accelerating pace of digital transformation as the industry adapts to the challenge of mobile, tablet computing and ubiquitous broadband
- The triumphs (as well as the disasters) of an industry and which underpins pretty much every other aspect of British public life.
To join Press Gazette as chief reporter you need to have:
- At least two years’ experience of working in a busy newsroom
- NCTJ training or equivalent
- 100 words per minute shorthand
- Passion and enthusiasm for journalism in all its guises
- Good knowledge of the journalism industry.
If you are interested, please email a CV and covering letter of no more than 200 words to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 8 March (but the sooner the better).
If you are interested in this job and have any questions (such as pay and conditions) please feel free to get in touch.