Toxic gas alert at newspaper office

A newspaper office has been found to have dangerously high levels of toxic gas.

According to the Belfast Telegraph, the Corkman newspaper in Mallow, Ireland, has been found to have sixty times acceptable levels of radon.

The gas, which has been linked to lung cancer, naturally seeps from the ground in many parts of Ireland. The colourless and odourless gas occurs naturally from the decay of uranium.

The Irish Radiological Institute believes that around 100,000 homes and workplaces in the country may have unsafe levels of the gas.

Comments
No comments to display

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

8 − five =

CLOSE
CLOSE