Times apologises over Duran Duran interview claim

The Times has apologised over claims made in an interview with eighties pop act Duran Duran, published in its Saturday magazine in November last year.

“An interview referring to Andy Taylor’s departure from the band said that he had failed to turn up for a recording session in New York and had quit the band,” the paper said.

“Andy Taylor’s departure from the band is the subject of continuing legal proceedings, but we wish to make clear that he did not quit or walk out but was unable to get a US working visa to attend the recording session due to administrative failures with the band’s management.

“We apologise and are happy to correct the record.”

Comments
No comments to display

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

five + twenty =

CLOSE
CLOSE