You are here
Four security guards accused of helping to destroy Rebekah Brooks evidence have case against them droppedBy PA Mediapoint | 24 Jul 2014
Four security guards accused of helping to hide or destroy evidence around the time of Rebekah Brooks's arrest will not face trial, a court was told today.
Phone-hacker who gave evidence against former colleagues escapes jail with 10-month suspended sentenceBy PA Mediapoint and Press Gazette | 24 Jul 2014
A journalist who intercepted voicemail messages for both the News of the World and Sunday Mirror today escaped prison.
Rhys Ifans and Michael Barrymore settle phone-hacking damages claims with News of the World publisherBy Press Association | 22 Jul 2014
Actor Rhys Ifans (pictured, Reuters) and entertainer Michael Barrymore have settled their phone-hacking damages claims.
By Dominic Ponsford | 21 Jul 2014
Former full-time phone-hacker for the News of the World Glenn Mulcaire has repeated his assertion that be believed he was working indirectly for the police when he listened to the phone messages of missing schoolgirl Milly Dowler.
By Dominic Ponsford | 17 Jul 2014
Two senior Sun journalists are among those to be cleared yesterday after spending more than a year on police bail on suspicion of involvement in phone-hacking.
By Dominic Ponsford | 16 Jul 2014
Six former News of the World journalists questioned by police on suspicion of involvement in phone-hacking for the News of the World today been told they will face no further action.
By Press Gazette | 14 Jul 2014
Met Police statistics quoted by Inforrm (The International Forum for Responsible Media) show that 46 police officers are still investigating hacking and a further 53 are looking into payments by journalists to police and other public officials.
By William Turvill and Press Association | 07 Jul 2014
Former footballer Lee Sharpe and his ex-girlfriend Joanne Petty have settled their phone-hacking damages claims.
By Press Gazette | 04 Jul 2014
Former News of the World editor Andy Coulson was jailed today alongside two former colleagues for his involvement in phone-hacking.
Former NoW reporter reflects on the hacking trial: 'I was often asked to do things I couldn’t square with my own conscience'By Bethany Usher | 04 Jul 2014
In mitigation before today’s sentencing, Andy Coulson, former chief reporter Neville Thurlbeck (pictured above) and their colleagues James Weatherup and Greg Miskiw all publicly admitted involvement in phone-hacking for the first time. They said they did it simply because they thought it was allo
By Dominic Ponsford | 04 Jul 2014
Former News of the World editor Andy Coulson has been given an 18-month prison sentence after being found guilty of conspiring with others to illegally access voicemails between 3 October 2000 and 9 August 2006.
Hack Attack versus Beyond Contempt...Peter Jukes and Nick Davies publish hacking scandal books this monthBy Dominic Ponsford | 02 Jul 2014
The first two books dealing with the hacking scandal, and covering the hacking trial, are to come out at the end of this month.
By PA Mediapoint | 01 Jul 2014
Coulson, 46, faces up to two years in prison after he was found guilty last week of conspiring to intercept voicemails at the News of the World following a marathon trial at the Old Bailey.
Former News of the World chief reporter Neville Thurlbeck offers 'unqualified apology' to the Dowler familyBy William Turvill and Press Association | 30 Jun 2014
Previously, the NoW had insisted phone-hacking was the work of one "rogue reporter", Clive Goodman (pictured) who was convicted of phone-hacking with Mulcaire in 2006.
Former News of the World news editor Greg Miskiw ordered 1,500 hacks - including Milly Dowler, court toldBy William Turvill and Press Association | 30 Jun 2014
Former News of the World news editor Greg Miskiw made some 1,500 taskings to phone-hacker Glenn Mulcaire, the Old Bailey heard today.
By William Turvill | 30 Jun 2014
Former Director of Public Prosecutions Keir Starmer has said “it isn’t healthy in the long term if there are continual prosecutions of journalists”.
By PA Mediapoint | 30 Jun 2014
Coulson, a married father-of-three from Charing in Kent, will be joined in the dock by private detective Glenn Mulcaire and four journalists from the NoW who have already admitted taking part in the hacking.
Rebekah Brooks speaks out for first time since hacking trial to show support for journalists still facing trialBy William Turvill | 26 Jun 2014
Rebekah Brooks has said her thoughts are with her former colleagues awaiting trial, speaking out for the first time since the conclusion of the hacking trial.
Hacking trial over: Jury unable to reach verdict on claim Coulson and Goodman paid police for royal phone booksBy Dominic Ponsford | 25 Jun 2014
The hacking trial jury has said it cannot reach a verdict on the final two charges against Andy Coulson and Clive Goodman.
Stuart Kuttner told police about hacked Milly Dowler voicemail message but not part of criminal conspiracyBy PA Mediapoint | 24 Jun 2014
Former News of the World managing editor Stuart Kuttner gave his "enduring thanks" to his legal team as he was cleared of being part of the phone-hacking conspiracy.