You are here
Sunday Mirror journalist who approached police with confession pleads guilty to phone-hacking over a week in 2001By PA Mediapoint | 06 Nov 2014
Graham Johnson, 46, pleaded guilty at Westminster Magistrates' Court to intercepting communications in the course of transmission without lawful authority.
News of the World phone-hacking stories gave David Walliams 'sense of paranoia and worry', court hears as comedian settles claimBy PA Mediapoint | 16 Oct 2014
Walliams, who is best known for the sketch show Little Britain but is also an author and a trustee of Comic Relief, accepted substantial undisclosed damages and his legal costs from News Group Newspapers (NGN), publishers of the now-defunct News of the World.
Judge leaves former NoW managing editor Kuttner £135,000 out of pocket because 'he knew about Milly phone hack'By PA Mediapoint | 15 Oct 2014
Former NoW managing editor Kuttner £135,000 out of pocket after losing hacking trial costs bid
By PA Mediapoint | 15 Oct 2014
A CPS spokesman said Graham Johnson is accused of "intercepting communications without legal authority, namely mobile phone voicemail messages".
By William Turvill | 06 Oct 2014
Piers Morgan has denied a Private Eye story saying he was editor-in-chief of the Sunday Mirror at the time of alleged phone-hacking.
Former News of the World legal manager Tom Crone to face no further action over phone-hacking allegationBy William Turvill | 03 Oct 2014
Crone was arrested on 30 August 2012 under Operation Weeting on suspicion of conspiring to intercept communications contrary to Section 1 of the Criminal Law Act 1977.
By Press Gazette | 03 Oct 2014
Ian Edmondson (pictured, Reuters), 45, was dropped as a defendant in the original hacking trial of ex-editors Andy Coulson and Rebekah Brooks in December last year after the trial judge deemed him "unfit" to continue.
Legal documents on News UK's decision to drop application for phone-hacking trial costs will not be made public, judge rulesBy PA Media Lawyer | 02 Oct 2014
The company, now known as News UK, decided not to proceed with the application because it had been "troubled" by "the sheer scale" of assessing costs, Robert Smith QC told the Old Bailey yesterday.
Trinity Mirror chief denies 'ostrich like' approach to phone-hacking and says MP sexting sting was in public interestBy Dominic Ponsford | 02 Oct 2014
In an email to staff he said: "We have been in the news recently for all the wrong reasons."
Former News of the World managing editor Stuart Kuttner seeks return of £135,000 spent fighting hacking prosecutionBy PA Mediapoint | 01 Oct 2014
News International has dropped an application for costs incurred in relation to the multimillion-pound phone-hacking trial of Rebekah Brooks and her staff, a court has heard.
By William Turvill | 24 Sep 2014
The publisher of the Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror and Sunday People has agreed to pay compensation to ten people over phone-hacking.
EastEnders actor Steve McFadden wins payout from News of the World and Met Police over hacking and leaksBy William Turvill | 16 Sep 2014
McFadden, who plays Phil Mitchell in the BBC programme, sued News Group Newspapers for the interception of his voicemails, and the Met Police for selling private information about him to the paper.
By William Turvill | 04 Sep 2014
The film star, who has previously directed movies including this year's Monuments Men, will bring journalist Nick Davies' book Hack Attack to the big screen, with shooting scheduled to begin next year.
Four journalists appear in court accused of hacking and illegal payments at The Sun and News of the WorldBy Press Gazette | 21 Aug 2014
Four journalists appeared in court this morning accused of involvement in phone-hacking and making illegal payments at The Sun and the News of the World The Sun's crime reporter, Anthony France, 41, from Watford, Hertfordshire, appeared in the dock at Westminster Magistrates' Court char
Beyond Contempt: How Peter Jukes invented a new way of funding court reporting and found himself investigated by the pressBy Peter Jukes | 21 Aug 2014
This may have been great news for transparency and open justice – but what was I going to do? I never thought any judge would allow live blogging of such a complex, contempt-fraught trial.
'Can we hack their voicemail? That's kind of how journalism worked in those days' - extract from Beyond ContemptBy Peter Jukes | 20 Aug 2014
“Can we hack their voicemail? Oh, there they are… let’s go along with a photographer.
By Dominic Ponsford | 12 Aug 2014
Convicted News of the World phone-hackers Neville Thurlbeck and Greg Miskiw have been released after serving 37 days of their six-month sentences.
Former MoS editor Peter Wright: Roy Greenslade is wrong to say I withheld information about phone-hacking from the PCCBy Dominic Ponsford | 12 Aug 2014
Former Mail on Sunday editor Peter Wright (pictured) has rejected a Guardian report claiming that he withheld information about phone-hacking from the PCC.
How News of the World private investigator Glenn Mulcaire 'blagged' medical records and phone contactsBy James Hanning | 08 Aug 2014
Judging solely by the stories in the papers, it is easy to write off Mulcaire as a mere "chancer" who learned a few tricks and got over-promoted as a result.
Nick Davies: The bad guys hate me... but most journalists are decent people and are glad I exposed phone-hackingBy William Turvill | 05 Aug 2014
Hack Attack tracks Davies’s personal journey uncovering the News of the World phone-hacking scandal between February 2008, through July 2011, to the present day.