You are here
By William Turvill | 03 Aug 2015
The total cost to the Crown Prosecution Service of pursuing phone-hacking cases against journalists now totals more than £1.2m.
Total cost of Met Police's journalism investigations rises £4m in eight months to £37.4m (excluding legal fees)By William Turvill | 22 May 2015
The Metropolitan Police has now spent £37.4m on investigations into journalism, with the figure rising by £4m in the last eight months.
By William Turvill | 05 Jan 2015
Excluding legal fees, Operation Weeting has cost £19.2m, Elveden £11.3m and Tuleta £3m.
By Press Gazette | 14 Jul 2014
Met Police statistics quoted by Inforrm (The International Forum for Responsible Media) show that 46 police officers are still investigating hacking and a further 53 are looking into payments by journalists to police and other public officials.
By Press Association | 14 Feb 2014
Former Daily Mirror editor Piers Morgan has been questioned over claims of phone hacking, he confirmed today.
By Darren Boyle | 12 Nov 2013
A 33 year old serving Metropolitan Police workers has been arrested by detectives investigating the corrupt payments to officials.
By Gavriel Hollander | 12 Sep 2013
The Sunday Mirror is under investigation over suspected phone hacking, its publisher revealed today.
Tabloid reporter Dan Evans faces charges over hacking, misconduct in public office and false witness statementBy Dominic Ponsford | 03 Sep 2013
Former News of the World reporter Dan Evans is to face trial over allegations that he was involved in phone-hacking.
By Press Gazette | 19 Aug 2013
The Metropolitan Police has launched an investigation into the corporate responsibility of News UK over the phone-hacking scandal, it was claimed this weekend.
By PA Mediapoint | 07 Aug 2013
A man was arrested this morning in connection with the investigation into corrupt payments to police and public officials, Scotland Yard said.
By Gavriel Hollander | 24 Jun 2013
Incoming Sun editor David Dinsmore has pledged his support for reporters caught up in police investigations.
By PA Mediapoint | 07 Jun 2013
The trial of former News International chief executive RebekahBrooks and fellow NI staff over allegations of phone hacking at the News of the World is to start in September.
By PA Mediapoint | 06 Jun 2013
Andy Coulson has appeared in court to formally deny charges of conspiracy relating to phone hacking and alleged illegal payments to public officials.
By PA Mediapoint | 05 Jun 2013
Former News International chief executive Rebekah Brooks has pleaded not guilty to charges relating to the phone-hacking scandal that resulted in the closure of The News of the World.
By William Turvill | 08 Apr 2013
Former News of the World executive editor Neil Wallis has blasted the Metropolitan Police after it was revealed that it has spent an “incredible” £19.5m on operations Weeting, Elveden and Tuleta.
By William Turvill | 20 Mar 2013
At least 64 journalists have been arrested in the UK since April 2011 in an unprecedented police crackdown on the UK media. Here we publish a comprehensive timeline detailing the arrests so far.
By Press Gazette | 04 Mar 2013
At 9.55pm last Thursday former News of the World executive editor Neil Wallis’s lawyer received a brief email from the Crown Prosecution Service.
It said: “At 11am tomorrow morning we are going to announce a ruling on your client.”
Neil Wallis says 'political arrest' was a 'fishing expedition' after 21 months of 'constant anguish'By Dominic Ponsford | 25 Feb 2013
Former News of the World executive editor Neil Wallis has spoken out about the “political arrest” which put his life in limbo for the 21 months he was kept on police bail.
By Andrew Pugh | 13 Feb 2013
The arrest of six former News of the World journalists this morning could result in a new wave of civil claims, according to a lawyer acting for more than 100 alleged victims. The Met said the six had been arrested for alleged offences that took place between 2005-06 that they were separate from
By Press Gazette | 13 Feb 2013
Officers from Operation Weeting have arrested six former News of the World journalists in relation to the phone-hacking investigation.