You are here
Phone-hacker who gave evidence against former colleagues escapes jail with 10-month suspended sentenceBy PA Mediapoint and Press Gazette | 24 Jul 2014
A journalist who intercepted voicemail messages for both the News of the World and Sunday Mirror today escaped prison. Dan Evans was given a 10-month suspended prison sentence.
Rhys Ifans and Michael Barrymore settle phone-hacking damages claims with News of the World publisherBy Press Association | 22 Jul 2014
Actor Rhys Ifans (pictured, Reuters) and entertainer Michael Barrymore have settled their phone-hacking damages claims.
Mazher Mahmood's Tulisa drugs trial 'lie' and the questions raised over Sun reporter's 'chequered history'By PA Mediapoint and Press Gazette | 21 Jul 2014
The Tulisa drugs sting trial collapsed after the judge agreed that Sun on Sunday reporter Mazher Mahmood told a “deliberate lie” in a pre-trial hearing.
By Dominic Ponsford | 16 Jul 2014
Six former News of the World journalists questioned by police on suspicion of involvement in phone-hacking for the News of the World today been told they will face no further action.
By Mick Hume | 08 Jul 2014
Andy Coulson’s jail sentence gave the tabloid-bashing lobby a welcome opportunity to pose on the high ground once more, after the humiliation of seeing only one defendant convicted at the end of their £100m hacking trial.
By Press Gazette | 04 Jul 2014
Former News of the World editor Andy Coulson was jailed today alongside two former colleagues for his involvement in phone-hacking.
Former NoW reporter reflects on the hacking trial: 'I was often asked to do things I couldn’t square with my own conscience'By Bethany Usher | 04 Jul 2014
In mitigation before today’s sentencing, Andy Coulson, former chief reporter Neville Thurlbeck (pictured above) and their colleagues James Weatherup and Greg Miskiw all publicly admitted involvement in phone-hacking for the first time. They said they did it simply because they thought it was allo
By Dominic Ponsford | 04 Jul 2014
Former News of the World editor Andy Coulson has been given an 18-month prison sentence after being found guilty of conspiring with others to illegally access voicemails between 3 October 2000 and 9 August 2006.
By PA Mediapoint | 01 Jul 2014
Coulson, 46, faces up to two years in prison after he was found guilty last week of conspiring to intercept voicemails at the News of the World following a marathon trial at the Old Bailey.
Former News of the World chief reporter Neville Thurlbeck offers 'unqualified apology' to the Dowler familyBy William Turvill and Press Association | 30 Jun 2014
Previously, the NoW had insisted phone-hacking was the work of one "rogue reporter", Clive Goodman (pictured) who was convicted of phone-hacking with Mulcaire in 2006.
Former News of the World news editor Greg Miskiw ordered 1,500 hacks - including Milly Dowler, court toldBy William Turvill and Press Association | 30 Jun 2014
Former News of the World news editor Greg Miskiw made some 1,500 taskings to phone-hacker Glenn Mulcaire, the Old Bailey heard today.
Coulson, Thurlbeck, Miskiw and Weatherup 'utterly corrupted' News of the World, prosecutor tells Old BaileyBy William Turvill and Press Association | 30 Jun 2014
Andy Coulson is currently being sentenced in the court alongside former colleagues Neville Thurlbeck, Greg Miskiw and James Weatherup, who have all admitted their part in the "systemic misconduct".
Andy Coulson and Clive Goodman face re-trial over conspiracy to commit misconduct in a public officeBy Press Gazette | 30 Jun 2014
Former No 10 spin doctor Andy Coulson's legal woes continued today when he was told he would face a re-trial over charges of plotting to bribe corrupt officials while he was an editor at the News of the World.
By PA Mediapoint | 30 Jun 2014
Coulson, a married father-of-three from Charing in Kent, will be joined in the dock by private detective Glenn Mulcaire and four journalists from the NoW who have already admitted taking part in the hacking.
Stuart Kuttner 'appalled, sorry and ashamed' for phone-hacking at News of the World, but denies 'presiding over' itBy William Turvill | 27 Jun 2014
But Kuttner, who was cleared of wrongdoing this week when the phone-hacking trial concluded, denied the suggestion he had been “presiding over” the criminality.
Rebekah Brooks speaks out for first time since hacking trial to show support for journalists still facing trialBy William Turvill | 26 Jun 2014
Rebekah Brooks has said her thoughts are with her former colleagues awaiting trial, speaking out for the first time since the conclusion of the hacking trial.
Hacking trial over: Jury unable to reach verdict on claim Coulson and Goodman paid police for royal phone booksBy Dominic Ponsford | 25 Jun 2014
The hacking trial jury has said it cannot reach a verdict on the final two charges against Andy Coulson and Clive Goodman.
Gemma Dowler urges David Cameron to keep promises made to family and reject 'fake' IPSO press regulatorBy William Turvill | 25 Jun 2014
It is now acknowledged that the News of the World intercepted voicemail messages to Milly Dowler's phone after she went missing in 2002. The 13-year-old was finally found six months later and Levi Bellfield was finally convicted of her murder in 2011.
By Dominic Ponsford | 25 Jun 2014
'Great day for red tops' was The Sun's playful front-page interpretation of the hacking trial verdicts today.
Stuart Kuttner told police about hacked Milly Dowler voicemail message but not part of criminal conspiracyBy PA Mediapoint | 24 Jun 2014
Former News of the World managing editor Stuart Kuttner gave his "enduring thanks" to his legal team as he was cleared of being part of the phone-hacking conspiracy.