News of the World Royal editor Clive Goodman was sent to prison for four months on Friday after admitting hacking into mobile phone voice-banks to listen to private messages hundreds of times.
Immediately afterwards, his editor Andy Coulson announced his resignation after four years in the job.
- In court: private investigator's £104,000 contract with the News of the World
- Sentencing: News of the World Royal editor given four months
- Myler given top job as Coulson quits News of the World
- Coulson's highs and lows
- Information Commissioner calls for crackdown on "blagger" journalists
- George Pascoe-Watson: "it has never happened at The Sun"
- Horrocks: "one bad apple does not mean the whole barrel is rotten"