Six of the best from the September edition of Press Gazette magazine:
- How the English riots proved that ‘citizen journalism’ is a busted flush.
- The Guardian’s Paul Lewis on his four days embedded with the rioters.
- Former Take a Break editor John Dale’s guide to running a successful campaign.
- Matt Frei on why he has left the BBC after 25 years to join Channel 4 News.
- HuffPo’s UK invasion.
- Jeremy Dear on the trail of a British journalist who went missing in Costa Rica two years ago.
Click here for details about how to subscribe to Press Gazette – which now includes free access to our digital edition archive dating back to 2005.