The six former News of the World journalists arrested today in a new police hacking probe have been named
According to Press Association they are understood to be Jules Stenson, Matt Nixson, Rav Singh, Jane Atkinson, Polly Graham and Rachel Richardson.
Richardson and Atkinson both currently work for The Sun.
The six have now all be released on bail.
The arrests - five in London and one in Cheshire - were made as part of a new line of inquiry that is separate from allegations under the existing Scotland Yard investigation into phone hacking called Operation Weeting.
The Metropolitan Police said two men aged 45 and 46 were held in Wandsworth, south London, and a 39-year-old man was arrested in Greenwich, south east London.
A 39-year-old woman was detained in Cheshire, a 33-year-old in Islington, north London, and a 40-year-old in Lambeth, south London.
Detectives now plan to speak to people that may have been victims of the suspected phone hacking.
- Richardson became editor of Fabulous in February 2011. Before that she was associate and then executive editor of Fabulous. In 2010 she became digital editor of the NoW, where she also had stints as TV editor and showbiz editor. She stayed at Fabulous after it move to appear with the Saturday edition of The Sun.
- Graham was one of the Daily Mirror's original 3am reporters when the gossip column launched in 2000. She left the NoW in 2007 and later became celebrity editor at First magazine.
- Atkinson is a former chief features writer at the NoW who moved to The Sun following the paper’s closure. She was named as The Sun’s Northern features editor in April 2012 when The Sun opened its Manchester office.
- Singh is a former showbiz editor at the NoW, a post he left in 2008. He was later assistant editor (celebrity) at Reveal before joining entertainment PR agency the Outside Organisation.
- Stenson was former head of features at the NoW and after the paper closed become a vocal defender of tabloid newspapers. On Twitter he describes himself as an “ex-newspaper exec, author, broadcaster & PR to the stars”.
- Nixson was a news editor of the News of the World before joining The Sun as features editor.