Actress and fashion designer Sadie Frost today accepted “substantial” but undisclosed libel damages at London’s High Court over newspaper claims that she attacked a young model.
Mr Justice Eady was also told that Associated Newspapers has agreed to pay legal costs run up by her in her action over the article which appeared in the Mail on Sunday on 21 August last year.
- October 28, 2016
- November 4, 2013
- September 17, 2013
Her solicitor, Rebecca Leaverm, told the judge that the article appeared under the headline “Catfight in the ladies cost Sadie her lover.”
"The article suggested that during the Project Catwalk post-show party, Ms Frost launched an angry and bullying attack on a young model whilst she was in the ladies’ toilet and that Ms Frost’s attack was so appalling that it warranted her undergoing professional anger management treatment,” said Ms Leaver.
She said that the paper now accepted Ms Frost did not behave in the manner suggested and that the allegations they made against her were “untrue".
“The defendant has paid Ms Frost substantial compensation for the damage and distress caused by their false allegations,” she said.