RTE newsman hits back at IoS stories

RTE chief news correspondent Charlie Bird has launched a fierce
broadside against Ireland on Sunday for what he regards as unacceptable
intrusion into his private life.

He claimed on the Radio I
programme Liveline he had been told the newspaper had assigned a
photographer to stalk him on suspicion that he had begun a new
relationship.

The journalist and his wife have been separated for
seven years. Bird said that when he challenged Ireland on Sunday he was
told the newspaper regarded him as “fair game” given his near-celebrity
status and his huge public projection on major news stories.

There was “absolutely no truth whatsoever in this story”, declared Bird. The paper had published an apology.

Comments
No comments to display

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

4 − 4 =

CLOSE
CLOSE