NatMags’s celebrity weekly, Reveal, has relaunched as the ‘celebrity magazine written by celebrities”.
The magazine has recruited a list of celebrity ‘experts’to write advice sections on subjects including home, fashion, beauty, money and travel. Former Eastenders actress Martine McCutcheon has her own beauty page, radio presenter and TV personality Vanessa Feltz is the magazine’s new agony aunt and TV presenter Holly Willoughby has a page on ‘Red Carpet Style”.
The relaunched magazine will be on sale 19 August and will also reveal has a new look and cover.
Reveal, which posted an ABC circulation figure of 326,057 for the second half of 2007 and was down 5.6 per cent year on year, claims that its research has shown that readers’ interest in celebrity lives has ‘matured’and that readers want more than just celebrity gossip from a weekly magazine.
Weeklies group publishing director at NatMag, Drew Kirkland, explained: ‘Celebrity and celebrity experts inspire and motivate young women, and our research has shown that Britain’s fascination with celebrities’ lives has now developed into an increased interest in their lifestyles. Readers still love reading celebrity gossip but we have discovered they also want advice and inspiration from the world of celebrity.’
Eight of the celebrity writers have taken part in a TV campaign, which premiers on 18 August.
Director of the advert Declan Lowney, who also directed Father Ted, said: ‘It was great to be able to work so closely with the creative team developing the idea, and I think we’ve ended up with a very funny, engaging campaign. The celebs were actually really well behaved, and some of them are surprisingly good actors!”
The full list of celebrity writers is as follows:
- Moneysavingexpert.com founder Martin Lewis on money
- Former countdown co-host Carol Vorderman on the web
- Property expert Amanda Lamb on travel
- Astrology Jonathan Cainer offering horoscopes
- TV interior design personality Lawrence Llewellyn-Bowen on homes
- Amanda Hamilton and Dee Thresher on diet and fitness
- Actress Martine McCutcheon on beauty
- TV presenter Holly Willoughby on Red Carpet Style
- Radio presenter and former chat show host Vanessa Feltz as the agony aunt
- Saturday Kitchen chef James Martin on food
- TV presenter Nicky Hambleton-Jones on fashion