Redundant staff

asd2

The NUJ is still threatening to take Newsquest to an employment tribunal after it made four journalists redundant last month.

Three trainees and a sports reporter at the Sunday Independent, Plymouth, were given a month’s notice and offered one month’s pay, but only if they accepted the deal this week.

NUJ assistant organiser Don Mackglew said the offer was unacceptable and was pressing Newsquest to offer staff at least two month’s wages.

Tindle Newspapers took over the paper on Monday. Group managing director Brian Doel said: “We have given a commitment that there will be no redundancies under Tindle.”

Newsquest was unavailable for comment.

Comments
No comments to display

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

20 − nineteen =

CLOSE
CLOSE