Private funeral planned for Stott

The family of Richard Stott are holding a private funeral for the five times national newspaper editor next week.

But they have said that a public memorial service is to be held later this year.

Stott died earlier this week from cancer at the age of 63. He was twice editor of the Daily Mirror and The People and also edited Today.

Until recent weeks he wrote a column for the Sunday Mirror.

Tributes to Stott this week included former Mirror editor Mike Malloy who said: “You could bee proud to work for a newspaper if Stott was the editor.”

Bill Hagerty, writing in Press Gazette this week, said he was a journalist: “revered by many, respected by most and loved by those who careered excitedly with him down the Street of Adventure.”

Comments
No comments to display

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

16 − 4 =

CLOSE
CLOSE