Press Gazette's Martin Stabe has picked up the Periodicals Training Council award for best new online journalist and colleagues Zoe Smith and Sarah Lagan were both highly commended in the features and news categories respectively.
The top PTC award – for New Journalist of the Year – went to Emily Wright, from Building, this year who was described as "a truely memorable writer who produces pieces delivered with fresh pace and of great variety."
The other winners were:
- New consumer specialist or customer magazine journalist of the year: Ian Taylor, BBC Focus Magazine
- New magazine designer of the year: Basia Paczesna-Vercueil, Radio Times
- New business features journalist of the year: Emily Wright, Building
- New consumer general weekly journalist of the year: Emma Patterson, More
- New business news journalist of the year: Sarah Richardson, Building
- New consumer general monthly journalist of the year: Frances Wasem, Harper's Bazaar
- Most promising student journalist of the year: Joe Lutrario, Unversity College Falmouth