The New Statesman picked up the prizes for both editor of the year and website editor of the year at the British Society of Magazine Editors awards last night.
Editor Jason Cowley picked up the prize for weekly current affairs magazine editor of the year for a second time. And deputy editor Jon Bernstein was named consumer website editor of the year for his work on Newstatesman.com.
Editor of The Word, Mark Ellen, was named editors' editor of the year and Reader's Digest editor Gill Hudson picked up the Mark Boxer award for outstanding achievement.
New Statesman, like Press Gazette, is part of the Progressive Media group.
Here is the full list of winners from the 2011 BSME Awards:
Editors of the year:
- Sport, leisure and health magazines: Andy Dixon, Runner's World - Natmag-Rodale Ltd
- Youth magazines: Dickon Ross, Flipside - The Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Entertainment and celebrity magazines: Ben Preston, Radio Times - BBC Magazines (now Immediate Media Company London Ltd)
- Business and professional magazines (non-weekly): Dickon Ross, E&T - The Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Business and professional magazines (weekly): Emma Penny, Farmers Guardian - UBM
- Special interest and hobbies magazines: Martyn Hocking, Which? - Which? Ltd
- Newspaper magazines and current affairs magazines: Jason Cowley, New Statesman - New Statesman Ltd
- Men's magazines: Matthew Todd, Attitude - Vitality Publishing (now Attitude Media Ltd)
- Women's magazines (weekly or fortnightly): Ali Hall, Look - IPC Media
- Women's magazines (monthly or less frequent): Jules Barton-Breck, Essentials - IPC Media
- Customer magazines (consumer readership): Donna Hardie, Completely London - August Media
- Customer magazines (business readership): Kenny MacIver, I - Redwood
- Lifestyle magazines: Tony Chambers, Wallpaper - IPC Media
The rest of the awards:
- Website editor of the year - consumer: Jon Bernstein, NewStatesman.com - New Statesman Ltd
- Website editor of the year - business: Anna Winston, bdonline - UBM Built Environment
- Launch of the year: Jane Wright, Metropolitan - Ink
- The Fiona Macpherson new editor of the year: Rachel Richardson, Fabulous - News International
- Art editor of the year - business: Simon Esterson, Eye - Eye Magazine Ltd
- Art director of the year consumer (weekly or fortnightly): Mark Hayman, Fabulous - News International
- Art director of the year - consumer (monthly or less frequent): Andrew Diprose, Wired - The CondÃ© Nast Publications Ltd
- Innovation and brand-building initiative of the year: Louise Court, Cosmopolitan - The National Magazine Company (now Hearst Magazines UK) for Cosmo on Campus, a free spin-off title distributed to a quarter of a million female university students
- Campaign of the year: Jenni Middleton, Nursing Times – Emap for A Seat on the Board, a campaign for nurses to have a say on commissioning boards post-NHS reforms
- Columnist of the year: Caitlin Moran, The Times Magazine - News International
- The Mark Boxer Award: Gill Hudson, editor-in-chief, Reader's Digest – Vivat Direct