Press Gazette's second mobile journalism conference News on the Move II takes place at Google's London headquarters from 2pm today.
Around 150 of the UK's leading figures working in digital journalism are set to attend the event which aims to provide them with insight into making the most of the explosion in use of tablet computers in the last three years.
Follow on Twitter via #newsonthemove.
Watch the event live from 2pm here (full programme below):
Final programme for Press Gazette’s News on the Move II presented in association with Google:
2pm – Welcome, from Press Gazette editor Dominic Ponsford and Google head of strategic partnersips (EMEA) Luca Forlin
2.05pm – Overview of the tablet media universe form Benedict Evans of Enders Analysis
2.20pm – How to make journalism work on tablet computers
Panel discussion with:
- Product director at Hearst Magazines Lee Wilkinson
- Dennis Publishing director of product, tablets and apps Alex Watson
- Group product manager in charge of Guardian.co.uk apps Anthony Sullivan
- Trinity Mirror managing director for digital Chris Ellis
Chaired by digital media consultant Jon Bernstein
3.10pm – Keynote presentation – Anthony Noguera
Former Arena editor Anthony Noguera launched PROJECT magazine for Virgin in November 2010 – the first 'iPad native' magazine title. Last year he launched iPad-only magazine for men INDUSTRIA for his own company Accelerated Intelligence.
3.25pm – Tea and coffee break
3.35pm – Keynote presentation – Marc Hartog of Apptitude Media
Hartog led a management buyout of the British Journal of Photography in January after a hugely successful iPad launch for the title. He will talk about that and his plans to take lessons learned on the BJP into the wider market.
3.50pm – Presentation from Blottr founder Adam Baker on Trusting the crowd: The changing face of journalism
4.00pm. Show me the money: How to make journalism published on tablet computers pay
Panel discussion with
- Online product management director for the Financial Times Mary Beth Christie
- Editor in chief of Computer Weekly – Bryan Glick
- Future Publishing editor in chief for tablet editions Mike Goldsmith
- Digital product owner for News International Emma Fulton
Chaired by Dominic Ponsford
5pm – Final keynote from Google head of strategic partnersips for news and magazines (EMEA) Madhav Chinnappa
5.25pm – Closing remarks from Press Gazette editor Dominic Ponsford