Mail Online mantained a strong lead over Guardian.co.uk in August reaching 75m unique web browsers, according to figures released by ABC today.
The Mail increased its monthly web reach by 2.7 per cent compared with July. It reached 4.4m global unique browsers a day compared with second placed Guardian.co.uk on 3.1m unique browsers per day.
The Mirror was the only one of the five national newspaper websites audited by ABC not to increase its readership month on month in August.
Full breakdown of UK national newspaper website 'unique browsers' for August 2011, according to ABC
Average monthly browsers in August and year-on-year percentage change (month-on-month percentage change)
- MailOnline: 74,922,559 ; 64.5 (2.68)
- Telegraph: 40,928,617 ; 26.53 (7)
- guardian.co.uk: NA ; NA (NA)
- Mirror Group Digital: 14,926,263 ; 41.7 (-4)
- The Independent: 14,770,314 ; 36.9 (9.3)
Average daily browsers in August and year-on-year percentage change (month-on-month percentage change)
- MailOnline: 4,404,242 ; 72.3 (3.9)
- guardian.co.uk: 3,058,871 ; 57.6 (8.9)
- Telegraph: 2,149,989 ; 27.9 (9.4)
- Mirror Group Digital: 716,114 ; 43.3 (-2.9)
- The Independent: 664,685 ; 35.5 (6.8)