Mail on Sunday 'utterly refutes' Hugh Grant 'smears'

asd2

The Mail on Sunday has said it “utterly refutes” actor Hugh Grant’s suggestion that the paper may have hacked his phone in 2007.

In testimony to the Leveson Inquiry, Grant today speculated that the MoS listened to his voicemail messages in order to report on his late night “flirtatious” phone-calls with a “plummy voiced” woman. This was during the time of his break-up with Jemima Khan.

Grant said the phone-calls were not romantic and that he believed someone had listened to his voicemails and got the wrong impression.

The Mail on Sunday said in a statement: “Mail on Sunday utterly refutes Hugh Grant’s claim that they got any story as a result of phone hacking. In fact in the case of the story Mr Grant refers to the information came from a freelance journalist who had been told by a source who was regularly speaking to Jemima Khan.”

The paper said Grants allegations were “smears driven by his hatred of the media”.

Comments
No comments to display

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

9 − 8 =

CLOSE
CLOSE