Bauer’s TV Choice remained the top-selling radio and television listings title in the first half of 2008 with an average circulation of 1,394,269.
TV Choice saw its circulation increase by 0.2 per cent year on year, while the sector as a whole contracted by 4.1 per cent in the first half of 2008, the lastest ABC magazine circulation figures show.
Two titles in the sector posted double-digit year-on-year declines in sales. IPC’s TV Easy recorded an average circulation of 231,334, 18.8 per cent less than in the same period in 2007. Bauer’s TV Quick, meanwhile, was down 17.2 per cent year on year, to 186,169.
The smallest title in the sector was also the best-performing. All About Soap posted a year-on-year circulation increase of more than 20 per cent. The title, published by Hachette Filipacchi, was up 20.1 per cent to 105,198.
The only other title in the listings sector to post an increased circulation was IPC’s Soaplife, which grew by 0.1 per cent to 109,493.
TV Listings and Radio & TV Guides ABCs for first half of 2008 (year-on-year)
- TV Choice 1,394,269, up 0.2 per cent year on year
- What’s On TV 1,346,815, down 5.3 per cent
- Radio Times 1,009,028, down 3.6 per cent
- TV Times 336,929, down 4.6 per cent
- TV Easy 231,334 down 18.8 per cent
- Inside Soap 195,125 down 1.9 per cent
- TV & Satellite Week 188,471 down 6.5 per cent
- TV Quick 186,169 down 17.2 per cent
- Total TV Guide 110,084 down 2.2 per cent
- Soaplife 109,493 up 0.1 per cent
- All About Soap 105,198 up 20.1 per cent