Total circulation (including free titles) in the women's lifestyle/fashion sector rose 1.3 per cent to 6.8m in the first half of 2011, according to ABC figures released today.
Conde Nast's Glamour remained the biggest-selling magazine in the sector at 530,060, up 0.7 per cent year on year.
Conde Nast managing director Nicholas Coleridge said: 'It is an exhilarating moment to be in magazine publishing. It is particularly gratifying to be able to report a surge of sales for Glamour in its 10th anniversary year.'
Cosmopolitan, meanwhile, saw its figures circulation fall 3.7 per cent to 386,852.
The biggest fallers in the first six months of this year were Company, down 17.1 per cent to 180,162 and Marie Claire down 10.4 per cent to 250,785.
Essentials was the fastest growing title in the sector, up 9.9 per cent to 126,904 copies a month.
A spokesperson for publisher IPC said: "This is the magazine's ninth consecutive year-on-year increase. At the heart of Essentials' success is its celebration of the reader, featuring only real women on the cover since September 2010."
Women's Lifestyle/Fashion figures for the first half of 2011:
Title; publisher; average sale; change year on year
- Glamour ; Conde Nast Publications Ltd ; 530,060 ; 0.7%
- John Lewis Edition (free) ; John Brown ; 474,579 ; -2.0%
- ASOS.com (free) ; Asos.com ; 452,000 ; 0.5%
- Good Housekeeping ; Hearst Magazines UK ; 430,878 ; 2.0%
- Stylist (free) ; Shortlist Media Ltd ; 426,396 ; 1.2%
- Cosmopolitan ; Hearst Magazines UK ; 386,852 ; -3.7%
- Woman & Home ; IPC Media Ltd ; 370,284 ; 0.3%
- Look ; Evarn Ltd ; 300,161 ; -4.2%
- Yours ; Bauer Consumer Media ; 285,890 ; -3.8%
- Prima ; Hearst Magazines UK ; 280,207 ; -3.1%
- Marie Claire ; European Magazines Limited ; 250,785 ; -10.4%
- Candis ; Newhall Publications Ltd ; 236,075 ; -7.2%
- Red ; Hearst Magazines UK ; 231,160 ; 0.5%
- Grazia ; Bauer Consumer Media ; 219,741 ; -3.9%
- Vogue ; Conde Nast Publications Ltd ; 210,766 ; 0.1%
- Elle (U.K.) ; Hearst Magazines UK ; 197,136 ; 0.8%
- Company ; Hearst Magazines UK ; 180,162 ; -17.1%
- Instyle UK ; IPC Media Ltd ; 175,113 ; -6.0%
- More! ; Bauer Consumer Media ; 170,033 ; -9.2%
- Easy Living ; Conde Nast Publications Ltd ; 158,038 ; -7.1%
- BM (free) ; Totally Contented Ltd ; 136,388 ; N/A
- Essentials ; IPC Media Ltd ; 126,904 ; 9.9%
- Harpers Bazaar ; Hearst Magazines UK ; 118,740 ; 0.2%
- Psychologies Magazine ; Hearst Magazines UK ; 108,631 ; -8.7%
- Harrods Magazine (free) ; Harrods Ltd ; 104,997 ; N/A
- Vanity Fair ; Conde Nast Publications Ltd ; 100,560 ; -1.8%
- Tatler ; Conde Nast Publications Ltd ; 87,616 ; 1.4%
- Ladies First Magazine (free) ; Hils Publications Ltd ; 35,771 ; -1.5%
- WM The Womans Magazine (free) ; Media Wales Ltd ; 34,057 ; 8.5%
- U Magazine Ultimate Girls Guide to Absolutely Everything ; Harmonia Limited ; 16,225 ; N/A