A monthly magazine spin-off for online children’s game Moshi Monsters was one of the most successful new magazine launches from the first half of this year.
Moshi Monsters reported a debut circulation of 113,748 copies a month.
Other successful paid-for launches included BM, with paid-for sales of 136,488 via Bonmarche clothing outlets and River’s Fancy, which managed sales of 50,047 via Julian Graves healthfood shops.
Something Special, a new monthly BBC title launched as a spin-off from the Mr Tumble CBBC character – managed 61,748 monthly sales.
Interiors title Style at Home was launched by IPC in March and managed a debut ABC of 52,576.
Magazine ABC figures for the first half of 2010: new launches (source ABC)
- BM : 136,388
- Moshi Monsters Magazine : 113,748
- Something Special : 61,748
- Style at Home : 52,576
- Fancy Magazine : 50,047
- Womans Way Cookbook : 20,440
- U Magazine Ultimate Girls Guide to Absolutely Everything : 16,225
- Animal Planet : 15,124
- Airfix Model World : 12,182
- Irish Tatler Man : 7,557
- electric! : 400,000
- Harrods Magazine : 104,997
- The Stool Pigeon : 51,750
- Properganda : 45,212
- DIY Magazine : 38,125