The NCTJ has announced the line-up of its judging panel for this year’s NCTJ Awards.
The awards, which are now in their fifth year, highlight the achievements of individuals with promising journalism careers ahead of them, and are open to students and trainees on NCTJ-accredited courses. The deadline for entries is Friday 14 September 2012.
The 2012 judging panel will include:
- Jonathan Barry, picture editor, Worcester Evening News
- Brien Beharrell, editorial director, Newbury Weekly News
- Orla Chennaoui, journalist, Sky Sports News
- David Collins, news reporter, Daily Mirror
- David Jones, chief foreign writer, Daily Mail
- Dave King, head of news, Sussex Newspapers
- Stephen Moyes, senior reporter, The Sun
- Steve Phillips, group picture editor, South Wales Evening Post
- David James Smith, journalist, The Sunday Times Magazine
- Joy Yates, editor, Hartlepool Mail
The NCTJ said:
The panel will review this year’s entries from a range of categories, including the new category for 2012: best student publication.
The winners will be presented at the NCTJ Journalism Skills Conference in Nottingham in November 2012.
The website has full details of categories and guidance on how to enter. For further information visit http://www.nctj.com/awards/awards-for-excellence/ or contact Shevon Houston at firstname.lastname@example.org.