We’re looking for a fluent writer to join our consumer advocacy/price comparison site A Spokesman Said.
Content is an integral part of our business. You will have a proven ability to write top-quality copy under time pressures, an understanding of SEO and the creativity to come up with content ideas that drive traffic and conversions to the website.
Your writing must make sense of complicated topics and explain them in a clear and easy-to-read manner.
You will be covering consumer issues, and as such an understanding of personal finance issues and consumer affairs is ideal, but not essential.
Ideal candidates will have worked for a consumer-facing website before.
- Write editorial-led copy for the website, including: SEO led guides, blog entries, consumer stories and news. You will cover areas including mortgages, insurance, utility bills, personal finance and more
- Support the Content Manager to maintain the regular production of content for the site
- Come up with targeted content ideas to populate the content diary. Ideas will be based on in-depth research of SEO opportunities and audience
- Have your finger on the pulse of consumer / personal finance trends in the news
- Analyse the success of written content and optimise to maximise conversions
- Awareness of content marketing via channels such as email and social
- Contribute ideas to the content strategy and editorial direction.
Why join A Spokesman Said?
- A Spokesman Said is an exciting start-up set up to fight for the little guy – it’s the perfect place for you to develop your career in content and journalism
- You’ll have the freedom to become an expert in areas of consumer affairs
- Freedom to develop your own unique style
- Chance to have a tangible influence on the businesses’ growth – you won’t be another cog in the wheel!
- Great central London location.
How to apply:
- We’ll need you to include the following three things with your application:
- Your CV
- Links to your previously published work or website
- Confirmation of eligibility to work in the UK
Once you’ve got the above, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com