The Bureau of Investigative Journalism is looking to recruit an Investigations Editor to produce strong and engaging stories that are in the public interest.
Having secured substantial increased funding the Bureau is expanding significantly over the next six months. In its first phase of expansion, the organisation is looking to bolster its senior team with the appointment of this new position.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to become involved in a unique organisation solely focused on investigative journalism. Our aim is not to sell newspapers or increase viewer numbers; instead our sole purpose is to pursue journalism that makes a difference. The successful candidate will be given the freedom, the time and the resources to pursue high-quality, in-depth investigations that can be published with our wide range of partners – in print, online and broadcast.
While this is primarily a reporting role, this is a senior position and the Investigations Editor will be a key part of the management team working with the Managing Editor and Deputy Editor to ensure the Bureau’s output is hard-hitting and capable of having impact.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience of delivering front-page stories. They will probably be looking to take the next step in their career and be excited by this unique opportunity.
Only applicants who can demonstrate the following will be considered:
· about 10 years’ experience in a news environment
· substantial experience of investigative journalism
· proven delivery of high impact stories either in print or broadcast
· exciting story ideas and contacts
· be able to write or report their stories to a high quality with minimal subbing
· an interest in innovative approaches to investigation and story production
· strong technical skills such as in Microsoft Excel
· be keen to be part of a small, resourceful team
Send applications and CVs to email@example.com
Closing date for applications April 25.