Google fights on as Mosley wins removal of sex orgy pics from German search results

A German court has ruled that Google must block photos of former Formula One Max Mosley taking part in an orgy with five paid-dominatrices from appearing in its search results.
But the internet search giant has said it will appeal the ruling.
 
PC World  reports that the ruling relates to  six images from a 2008 video covertly made by the News of the World. Mosley won £65,000 in damages from the News of the World and an injunction preventing it from publishing the video again.
 
Since then Google has removed hundreds of pages relating to Mosley from its index.
 
Google legal director Daphne Keller told the Leveson Inquiry in 2012  that someone in Mosley's position would have to apply individually to have web pages removed from the company's sites in different countries.
 
She told the inquiry: "I would hope that wouldn't be a terribly difficult thing to do, and I can tell you that in his case we have removed hundreds of URLs."
 
Keller said a defamatory video could be removed from one of Google's national sites but remain up on another.
 
"If there is a country whose law says that that should stay up, then in that country we would comply with that law," she said.
 
In a statement on Friday, Google said: "Even if it refers to an individual person and specific content, today's verdict nevertheless sends a disturbing message."

Comments
No comments to display

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

5 × four =

CLOSE
CLOSE