The Digital half dozen.
1. New York Times Makes Ad Buy for ‘Nate Silver’ on Twitter (Mashable)
How the data journalist behind the popular Fivethirtyeight politics blog became one the NYT's biggest assets...
2. The US election was a wake up call for data illiterate journalists (Online Journalism Blog)
...and why, according to Paul Bradshaw, he shamed the rest of the political hack pack.
3. Five ways digital isn't working at Trinity Mirror (Paid Content)
Including the decline of classifieds and, yes, MirrorBingo.
4. Responsive design: Opportunities and challenges for news sites (Journalism.co.uk)
How the rise of smartphones and tablets is changing the way news sites are designed.
5. Are smartphones essential for journalism? (One Man and His Blog)
Almost certainly yes, argues Adam Tinworth.
6. A guide to the world of Reddit (The Wall)
The social sharing site by numbers.