Although the Central Asian country achieved independence from Russia in 1991 its established journalists in the field “retain a Soviet mindset unchallenged by the fresh perspectives of younger journalists” the report says.
- Cleveland Police unlawfully spied on PA journalists in 'outrageous' use of anti-terror powers
- Max Mosley: Newspapers' repeated references to orgy story are attempt to 'smear me and Impress by association'
- National newspaper print ABCs: Daily Star overtakes Daily Telegraph for first time in over a year + full figures for Jan
- Grazia editor Natasha Pearlman steps down after three years, confirms publisher Bauer Media
- The UK's most widely-read quarterly fashion magazine ASOS celebrates 100th issue by going on sale for first time